This holiday season, why not take extra care into keeping your teeth clean and healthy this holiday season. With so many threats lurking around every corner, the war on cavities and gum disease is looking to thrive. Thankfully, your team here at MedPlex Dental is happy to provide you with tips on how to keep your toothbrush clean, giving you the positive oral health you need.
– Avoid cross-contamination from toothbrushes touching each other.
– Keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
– Electric toothbrushes make brushing easier.
– Don’t share toothbrushes.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Make sure the size and shape of your brush can reach all areas in your mouth effectively.
– Keep your toothbrush aired out; do not consistently store them in closed containers.
– Be gentle and don’t press hard. A softer, gentler approach works best.
– Stiff bristles can hurt gums, softer brushes are better.
– Use a toothbrush that easily fits into your mouth.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Youth toothbrushes typically need to be replaced more often than adult toothbrushes.
For more great tips, or to book an appointment, please call MedPlex Dental at 407-351-2245 to talk to a member of our team. You can also stop by our office in Orlando, Florida. Have a spooktacular Halloween season!