If you are looking to improve your smile for the new year to meet all your oral health care needs, MedPlex Dental is available to assist you with our wide array of services and treatments. Whether you are looking for an oral exam to determine the best course of action for your teeth and gums, or are simply in need of a professional cleaning, our expert staff is here to help.
There are plenty of tasks you can do yourself to help make your smile last for many years to come. Here are some tips to have great dental care for the new year and beyond:
– Chewing on pencils, nails, pen caps, or similar non-edible products can damage teeth and gums.
– Smoking or chewing tobacco increases risk for gum disease and oral cancer.
– Do not open anything with your teeth. Even bottle caps can crack or chip teeth.
– Avoid hard food products that can chip or crack teeth, such as corn on the cob, candy apples, hard candy, or ice.
– Playing contact sports or high-risk activities without proper mouth guards can increase your risk for oral accidents.
– Snacking constantly can put your teeth at a greater risk for tooth decay or gum disease. Try to avoid snacks in between meals.
– It is wise to avoid products packed with sugar. These includes sodas, sports drinks, fruit juices, or candies. The bacteria in your mouth converts the sugar into harmful acids which can eat away at tooth enamel.
– If you grind your teeth in your sleep or while you are stressed, you can wear your teeth down over time.
– Lip and tongue piercings can chip or crack teeth, introduce harmful bacteria to your mouth, or even increase your risk for infection to your gums.
To learn more about what you can do to protect your teeth and gums, please contact our team of dentists at MedPlex Dental by calling our office at 407-351-2245. We are conveniently located in Orlando, Florida, and want to help make your smile the best it can be. To schedule an appointment or oral exam with Dr. Matilde Castellini, please call us today.