Your toothbrush plays a key role in your oral health. If the instrument is not taken care of, your teeth will not receive the proper care they need. Caring for your toothbrush is easy. Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
– Swap out your old toothbrush for a new one out every 3-4 months. If you have gum disease, do it every four to six weeks.
– Choose a brush with soft bristles; harder bristles are much more likely to weaken your tooth enamel, especially if you tend to scrub your teeth.
– Talk to Dr. Matilde Castellini about the best toothbrushes on the market, or look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the product has been proven safe and effective.
– To prevent contamination and festering bacteria, store your toothbrush upright in an open location free from other toothbrushes—like a cup or a toothbrush holder by itself.
– If a regular toothbrush is not doing the job well, consider using an electric toothbrush.
– Always use a brush that can effortlessly fit into your mouth and reach all areas within.
For more tooth brushing help from our team at MedPlex Dental, come visit us. If you would like a dental exam from Dr. Matilde Castellini, please schedule an appointment to at our dentist office in Orlando, Florida. We can be reached at 407-351-2245. We can help you choose the right service for a brighter smile!